Corporate India has a continuing responsibility for society. The grim reality is millions of Indians lack basic amenities and live in object poverty….. a situation that cannot be readdressed by Government alone. The business sector needs to understand its corporate social responsibility and work towards making a difference. AEPL known for building tanks, now also builds the community’s social infrastructure and provides impetus to various community development initiatives through its social partner Manav Seva Foundation (MSF).
STEPPING STONE: NARAYANPUR, WB
It all started in a small village of West Bengal with a man riding his bicycle for 60 kms back & forth daily just so that he could study further. Going through all the hardships of a boy from a typically deprived village in India, struggling through all the lack of opportunities for a youth from a less privileged background, he had to travel miles away from his village in search of opportunity. With a thought that many people like Mr. Asim Chandra existed in our country who still face the same obstacles towards a better life, the same lack of opportunities for youth in the villages and similar sanitation and livelihood problems among many women, he decided to give back to the society through empowering as many people as he could. That’s how our Manav Seva Foundation was born in Baroda, Gujarat. Today after 12 years of the initiation of the Foundation it has directly – indirectly affected lives of more than 2000 people.
We are ready to build the blocks in Narayanpur, West Bengal to serve more lives so that people don’t have to commute on a daily basis in search of work.
> Thrust Areas
> Dustbin Distribution
> Toilet Distribution
> Swavlambi- Women Empowerment through livelihood Program
> ATTC- Vocational Training and Employability
At ATTC, we work across Vadodara District to provide young people with employability skills needed to address India’s growing need for skilled manpower. ATTC was started in 2011 with the mission to create sustainable programs for training and retraining of youth for employability. Students who have dropped out from school or have completed their formal education up to 8th or 10th std are our target groups. ATTC imparts holistic vocational education for these individuals through Work Integrated Training Module by providing on-the-job training through experts. Our programs offer courses for carpenter, masson, gas cutter, grinder, welder and gardener which are affiliated by Ministry of Labour and Employment under the Modular Employable Skills (MES) program. We firmly believe in spreading awareness, building self-confidence and employment opportunities among rural youth.
The Swavlambi Project is born out of a vision to create a community of self-reliant, self-employed women who can live with dignity and security. The Centre is located at Gyan Mandir, (Near AEPL) on Gotri Road, Vadodara. With trained intervention, AEPL will support these women by imparting them with vocational skills in embroidery, sewing and more. Banking upon the global inclination towards sustainable-fashion and lifestyle products. The team also provide soft skills training like English speaking, health and Hygiene guidance and financial management knowledge to women. In this place, women of all ages and different religious backgrounds, often married, separated or divorced come together to become independent individuals who aim to shape their destiny. The first product line consists of hand embroidered Tote bags, Purses, Utility Bags, Notebooks, Writing pads, I pad covers, Laptop sleeves, Cushion covers, Curtains, Corporate Gift sets, Wedding Gift sets, etc. Buying one product is empowering one woman!
Government of India has taken an initiative under “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan” to make India Open Defecation Free by 2019 by constructing of individual, cluster & community toilets. Manav Seva Foundation acknowledging the urgent need for high sanitation levels, portable toilets are gaining popularity for its comfort, smart practicality and efficient durability.
To accelerate the progress of sanitation in rural areas and semi urban areas Anwesha Engineering & Projects Limited (AEPL) joined hands with Manav Seva Foundation (MSF) has developed portable mobile toilets to promote healthy sanitation practices under CSR activities.
Education is a basic tool to bring development to youth from disadvantaged strata of the society. We aim to promote higher education through an educational scholarship to bridge the gap of resources between ‘haves’ and ‘have nots’.
SOCIAL WELFARE INITIATIVES
- Sri Library: This library has a collection of more than 2000 books on subjects ranging from spiritual, literature, history, general knowledge, children’s books, sports etc. and is established in the premises of Gyan Mandir.
- Disaster Relief Services: Employees from various locations donated approximately 450 Kg of relief materials and Rs. 1,00,000 in Cash to support the flood victims of Uttarakhand in June 2013. We proved that “A flood can destroy anything but not human strength.”
- Green Earth Drive: A drive for the green environment has been initiated through the development of organic farming practices, tree plantation and workshops such as “Say Yes to Paper Bags & No to Plastics”.
- Youth Development Programs: With an aim to transform vulnerable individuals into leaders, we run Youth Leadership Training Program (YLTP), All Round Training in Excellence (ART Excel) and Yoga and Meditation camps in collaboration with Art of Living.
- Health Care: Medical Camps related to eye-check up and treatment, diabetic check-up, bone density measurement, Dental Check-up, children’s health, Blood Donation Camps are organised free-of-cost with the help of expert doctors and medical practitioners.
- Sunset Years, Sunshine Life: As part of AEPL’s CSR, we have made a commitment to make life sunshine in sunset years. With this initiative, we are providing a day care centre for senior citizens. Our day-care-centre aims to cater to the emotional, spiritual, social, health needs of senior citizens and also ensuring skills up gradation of senior citizens.
- Dustbin Distribution: By providing dustbins to Different places like Temples, Gardens, Streets and other public places, we help the mission of the government of “clean India, green India.”
AEPL’S Team comprises of development professional, corporates, activists, workers, MBAs, Engineers, Workers, corporate professionals and consultants who bring their unique perspectives and experiences to the organisation and are unified by the common cause of community development.
Although the main thrust of AEPL’s CSR lies in providing quality employability skills and sustainable livelihood, promoting higher education and care for senior citizens, we don’t restrict ourselves to it. In order to better growth of society around us, we strive to support various social initiatives. Moral and financial support is extended during many social initiatives viz. socializing children with disability and promoting their talents, development of roads connecting the village to the main roads, supporting NGOs working for promoting education.
For more details of our CSR programs of AEPL kindly click on link: http://manavseva.ngo/